Thursday, March 15, 2007

Do YOU think you are a better CHRISTIAN than I am?? .............. 3 Levels of being a Christian.

Do you think you are a better Christian than I am? I have had that question asked of me. I guess because I'm out there about Jesus. Normally the person asking is somehow pressured or threatened by the passion I exhibit regarding Him.

So they ask the question. I used to say. NOOO. No, you are a good Christian, just different from me. I didn't believe it. But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to hurt their feelings. My nose grew like Pinocchio.

I have spent the last few years around highly diverse Christians. Some in a Men's group I meet with. Some in Church. Some on line. Some of those men are wonderful profound Christian people. Some are CHINO. Christian in name only. The reason I'm such an expert on being a CHINO is because I was one. Big Talk, little walk.

Are there people who are BETTER CHRISTIANS than I am? YES. Most decidedly yes. Some pastors I know, A leader of an association I'm part of, men I knew in Germany in the Church, Men who have sold out for the Cause of Christ. They are better than I am as Christians. They are better Christians than I am. I tip my spiritual hat to them.

Are there people than whom I am a better Christian?

Paul the Apostle speaking to the Corinthians said in 1 Cor 4: 14 I am not writing this to shame you, but to warn you, as my dear children. 15 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you to imitate me.

He was saying to them, Look at how I live my life, Imitate me as I imitate Christ. In essence he was saying to them, live your life better, I am a good example of how you can be a better Christian than you are living. So, do what I do.

This isn't about heaven and hell. He was talking to heaven bound people. This is about becoming the Christian we were destined to become. If you want to think of it like a divine video game think of it this way:

LEVEL ONE CHRISTIAN
Every believer comes to a point of Conviction. I'm a sinner. I don't want to live like this. I need Jesus. I want to go to heaven. I trust you Jesus for my salvation.

We are convinced of our need for Him and convinced ultimately of our righteousness thru Him. This person is secure in their salvation. Heaven bound but living far below level two. They have a measure of the Holy Spirit.

LEVEL TWO CHRISTIAN
This is the level of Revelation. Without reading a book, without study Jesus reveals himself to you constantly. Sometimes in the quiet time. Sometimes thru his word. Sometimes by a word spoken. You get Ahas again and again. When you do, you tell others about what you just discovered. It's exciting stuff. Every day you learn something new. You call your friends. Life is full of God moments where you are just knocked over by some fresh revelation of who he is. This is the download of God into you. It's like being in love. Very heady stuff.

LEVEL THREE CHRISTIAN
This is when He comes alive in YOU. We hear a lot about people alive in Christ and positionally it's true. But few really get to the place where they have Him so big in them that He consumes their lives completely. He's all these people can think about. All they can talk about. Nothing else seems to matter to them, every conversation ends up about things of God. Sports, Golf, Hobbies, Nascar all take a far back seat to Jesus. Jesus is their life, their hobby. They put themselves in the place where He is present every chance there is. They are so passionate and committed that they can be a little frustrating to Level One and Two people. The world has faded away for them. The Level Three Christian begins to act like Jesus, walk in authority like Jesus, see the world like Jesus. They are possessed by him. HE IS ALIVE in them. I know a few men and women like this but only a few. I want to be like this. I hope I will become this kind of person. Sometimes I feel like I get close but then I fall short.

So, if you are solidly a Level Three Christian you ARE a better Christian than I am. I want to imitate you. I want to walk like you walk.

Unfortunately, most Christians in Churches today ever progress beyond level one. They are happy in the shallow water. Most Pastors get maybe to level one and a half maybe.

The main reason is if you want to get to level Two or Three you will need the fullness of the Holy Ghost to get there. I have known a FEW level two people who were not overtly Pentecostal yet I believe they were at Level Two. I know no one at Level Three who is not sold out, filled with the power of the Holy Ghost and speaks in other tongues with other signs following.


I am coming to the conclusion it may well NOT be possible to move up as a Christian without the power and infilling of the Holy Ghost. Oh, you can still go to heaven, you just will live far below your destiny here on earth. You will squander the Mina given to you. There will be an answer for what you did with it someday.

I know that's bad news to some, but I believe it now more than ever.

So to those of you at level ONE. Do I think I am a better Christian than you? Yes! If you were wise you would heed me as I say to you as Paul said to the Corinthians, imitate me as I imitate Christ. Jesus said in Revelation 11:12 COME UP HITHER. Ascend to the heavens. Come up another level.

God has so much more for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only prophet, but also a great teacher!
Happy Birthday Dear Friend and Brother!