Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Finished Fast

Peggy and I completed the Daniel Fast called by a Fellowship we are part of. It was not hard and yet harder than I thought it would be.

A Daniel fast is patterned after the diet Daniel and the 3 Hebrew "Children" asked the king of Persia to allow them to eat while the rest of the court ate high off the hog. They prospered on it. ME, not so much.

A Daniel fast mean no meat, no sweets and no alcohol. When we committed to it we thought this would be easy to do. It wasn't.

Now I know what you are thinking. But the reality of the situation is the no sweets and no alcohol parts were a layup. Giving those up was simple.

The HARD part was the meat. I didn't realize how universal beef, chicken, pork and fish are as part of our diet. You can hardly order ANYTHING in a restaurant without some meat in it. And I missed it.

I have a new found respect for vegetarians. I don't know exactly HOW they do what they do but they are to be admired for it. It's not easy to not eat any meat.

I got very sick of meatless meals.

Me carnivore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.