Saturday, April 23, 2005

I am not the Yellow Pages

I have a few friends who will call me and within a couple minutes will ask for someone’s phone number “I need to give him a call, do you have his phone number handy?”

I am accommodating short run. You get one gimme. Kind of like calling your phone company’s directory services. I’ll be a friend but not your golden retriever.

I have two friends in particular who are serial offenders. They will call me, assuming I have nothing else to do, knowing I am not near a phone book, and ask me to find the phone number of a mutual acquaintance.

I am learning an important word from David Spade. NO NO NO NO NO!

So if YOU are that offender and you read this please get a piece of paper, call information, and get the number, WRITE IT DOWN. I’m not your directory service. If you call me I’m going to be pretty tough to move. I have a lot against being used. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “No one can take advantage of you without your consent”. Consent officially withdrawn.

No comments: