Saturday, April 23, 2005

A Bully Never Really Grows Up

I do business with all kinds of people. Most are really pretty good. There are a few who are over the top.

One I will call Biff (not his real name) who is a classic case of “always being taken advantage of” (in his eyes). He'’s unwilling to do what he said he will do and then when others don'’t jump to his tune he creates the following fine whine:

  • After all I'’ve done for them
  • I’'m taking all the risk
  • I don'’t like this
  • I’'ve done all the work
  • I’'ve been accommodating in every way
  • This isn’t the deal I wish I had made
  • I'’ve worked so hard on all this I deserve to get what I want

These are symptoms of a spoiled brat. “ It isn’t fair. It isn’t fair. Mine. What about me? It’s my turn. I’m carrying all the weight around here”.

This would be funnier if it wasn’t a 60 year old man. If this were a 13 year old kid I could understand. You assume he'’ll grow up. Biff never did.

As I get older I get more selective. Once this deal is done I'’m done with him. I don’t need the aggravation and I have sworn off baby sitting spoiled brats no matter their age..

No comments: