Friday, April 22, 2005

I'm on a Rock and Roll Here - End of the World in Sight

A couple posts below this one I make note of Malachy's prediction of the end. Then I stumble upon this piece of information. A large rock is headed directly (astronomically speaking) for earth to hit on April 13, 2029 (a Friday the 13th).

I immediately thought of the predictions in the Bible (Revelations) about a meteor called wormwood hitting the earth. Thinking I was on to something I was chagrined to see someone else had beat me to the punch.

I did the math however. Lets suppose that Pope Benedict lives for 7 more years. That makes him 85 upon departing earth. Lets suppose that the next (Last) Pope is in place for at least 17 years (JP THE GREAT WAS 26 Years). That means that in 2029 we could well have the last Pope in place when the asteroid hits.

Do I think any of this will happen? Last Pope? Asteroid? I don't know. I will live my life and try to do all I can to help people be ready if or if not.

I did hear this one piece of information. If this big Rock hit for instance TEXAS it would flatten the whole state. This is a BIG ROCK.

It sort of puts into perspective lots of the arguments, politics, and petty frustrations we live with. In view of a 2029 end of the world if it should happen, How then should we live?




No comments: