Thursday, April 21, 2005

Pope Points

The universal church has a pope. This has been really good publicity for my Catholic friends. I hope for good things from this man. I will believe the Holy Spirit will give him supernatural ability, wisdom and leadership quality for as long as God allows him to stand in this place. I would wish this for any person in spiritual leadership.

I have a weird side. I enjoy hearing about the strange and unusual. When I can’t sleep I have listened to Art Bell and now listen less since George Norry took over on Coast to Coast. The corporate theological platform of this program is conservative Christian Wiccan Ghost Hunting. Who knows. It’s a mess. You need to be pretty spiritually centered to sort it out.

But I have heard things which make me go HMMMMM. One such are St Malachy’s predictions of the names of all the Popes (not exactly name but name indicators) to the last pope. According to him we have one pope left after this one. This priest named Father Malachy around the year 1000 made these predictions. Hal Linsey of Late Great Planet Earth fame wrote a piece on this right after Pope John Paul II died. Before Pope Benedict XVI was elected. This will make you go HMMMMM.

I have studied up on this and have made these conclusions:
  1. If the names of the popes Malachy predicted are right to date I see some credibility
  2. If this Pope is next to the last Pope before Jesus returns, or the end of the age or the dissolution of the Catholic Church or something we need to be aware.
  3. If these predictions are accurate Jesus is coming soon. Real Soon.

I think it’s worth thinking about. I searched Google on all this and read all I could find. It was fun, thought provoking and just a little sobering.

No comments: