Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dinner with the Perfect Stranger

I'm looking forward to this.!

I heard an interview with this the author and his description was fascinating. This is going to be big. As big as Jabez. Just watch.

I wish I had written it. I have always believed that our concept of Jesus was far too stiff. There have been attempts to confer human tendencies to him. But, think of the fact that on this earth he was the subject of much conversation, attracted kids, men, enemies.

He was something. He still is.

I know enough to know religious people will hate this portrayal. Too bad. Jesus is fully man and fully God. That's what we confess. Either it's true or we have to cut it out.

So, buy a copy. I will. This should be fun.

Just put your concepts of what Jesus is like in your back pocket. No long hair, flowing robe, slow deliberate speech. Real, insightful, kind, challenging, forgiving, persistent in love,. That's the Jesus I know.

No comments: