Sunday, July 10, 2005

Call me Gypsy

This has been making the rounds:

Bold the states you've been to, underline the states you've lived in and italicize the state you're in now...
(I haven't yet figured out how to underline, so Blue = Lived in)

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / Minnesota / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington D.C. /

This little gig above has made the rounds of Blogs I read. I have been hesitant to make this report. For one reason or another I travel a great deal. When I was 35 this list was much much shorter. Very few of my travels have been vacation. Most of it has been visiting friends, relatives, business and hunting.

So, I have been to all 48 and Hawaii. I’m much older than most of the bloggers I read. That’s why
I’ve been everywhere, man
(country song).

If I have learned ONE thing by all this travel it's that everything is a trade off. There is no good or bad place, just different. And, people are pretty much decent everywhere I’ve ever lived (even internationally). And if you dropped most resourceful people I know in by helicopter anyplace they could speak the language, they would survive and prosper. That's confidence that comes from experience. Step out and explore. But remember who you are and where you came from.

No comments: