Thursday, July 14, 2005

Please, I'm a big boy now,, stop protecting me

Right now some lawyer somewhere is making a huge amount of money protecting me. I didn't ask him to. He just did.

STOP, For goodness sake STOP already.

I just spent the better part of an hour trying and failing to do something that should take 4 minutes tops. Replacing a heavy duty 3 prong 15 amp connector on a piece of equipment. Old days, remove top, 3 screws, one's green. Put green wire on green screw, other two on others. Reassemble, plug and go.

Now, for $6.80 at Ace is the Place, a convoluted apparatus designed to make sure no wires ever touch, no water ever gets in, no human can actually assemble this.

I wrecked it. I'm angry and frustrated.

I'll do it again. But, this time, I will pick out the device. Or I'll throw out the machine.

Julie talked about the rush toward infinite safety.

I have only one word for you safety nut lawyers, prison is the safest place to be, why don't you go there? Here, just follow Bernie Ebbers (who is innocent) more on that later.

Now I feel better but I still don't have a machine that works.

No comments: