Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Don Adams Dies and Barney Fife Lives

Yesterday I heard that Get Smart the TV show's star Don Adams died.  I always enjoyed that show.  I have a suspicion that some of our national Intelligence agencies are right at as dim bulb as Max was.
 
But, never fear, Barney Fife is alive and well.  At least the poor imitation for police that exists in New York City and where I live.  Look at this.  Woman gets ticket for sitting on park bench.  How dumb can you get and still breath.
 
Yesterday in our local mega grocery chain (not Wal-Mart) there was a parking lot fender bender.  Somebody backing out was bumped by someone driving by. 
 
It took 5 cop cars and lots of standing around to deal with this tragedy. 
 
I'm telling you, they have nothing to do.  Unlike president Clintons desire for 100,000 cops on the street I think a few less might be alright. 
 
The Barney Fife syndrome might be reduced a bit if they actually had something could keep themselves busy and not fiddle around eating doughnuts or harassing poor folk on the park bench.
 
I'll bet during the floods in New Orleans they weren't arresting people for sitting on park benches. 
 
 
 

No comments: