Wednesday, September 28, 2005

In Praise of Firefox

If you are reading this right now you have some kind of internet browser. Statistics say it's most likely Microsoft's internet explorer. BOOOO

In horticulture we have a saying, friends don't let friends plant annuals. In browserland I want to go on record as saying friends don't let friends use IE.

Right now I have a few tabs open in Firefox. I'm busy doing this. Meanwhile other things are happening.
Firefox is the best internet browser I have ever tried. I've been using it for 8 months. I stopped subscribing to Norton Virus protection a few months after I switched since it had the net effect of internet user prevention. I now use Ad Aware to block spyware AVG to screen viruses out. BOTH ARE FREE.

When I was using IE I would get on average of 30 viruses per week. I scanned 3 times a week. It was painful. What was really painful was when a virus would infect so badly that my computer would shut down and I would have to take it to the computer priest for exorcism. Unlike real priests he charged me $85 for this "Service"


I have had TWO Trojan horses and NO viruses at all since moving to Firefox. None in 8 months. I have had a few from attachments I opened in email but the email I use has a pretty robust virus cruncher. They never made it out of the gate.

So, friends, relatives and anyone else reading this, get FIREFOX.

If I wasn't so darn lazy I would have linked all this for you, AVG, Ad Aware and how to get Firefox for free.

LEARN TO FIND STUFF ON GOOGLE, or keep allowing your computer to become slower, and sllloower and Slooooowwweeerrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about web advertising and wanted to let you know that I am impressed with the information here. I also have a website with an added resource that pertains to web advertising so I know that your blog is fantastic. Continue with the great resource that you are providing to everyone on the Net!"

Anonymous said...

Hi, just came across your mcafee and r6025 blog. I also have a site relating to the mcafee and r6025 niche that I think your readers would be interested in. Would love you to stop by for your feedback