Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Every Day I get a little Older, Every Day I get a little Bolder

 

I butcher the Buddy Holly song for a reason.  A friend of mine sent me a shocking revelation. 

 

Every person that lives a more or less full lifespan in America is given about 700,000 hours to invest in something or another. 

 

I have to date invested 532,169 hours of my life.  I have about 167,000 hours left in my life account to spend, waste, invest or squander.

 

I would like to believe the 532,169 hours I have spent so far matters.  I don’t know about sitting and watching TV.  I don’t know about sleeping more than 8 hours a day.  I don’t know about surfing the web for new banality.  I don’t know about reading endless magazines and newspapers.

 

I do know looking at my wife, my kids, my grandkids, my folks, my friends counts.  I do know time in worship matters.  I do know time alone quietly is good. 

 

So I plow ahead, I look for ways to matter; I stay on the bicycle of life and keep peddling because when I stop I will fall over.

 

That day will come sooner enough.

 

Now, it’s 532,170.  Time Flies.  Carpe Diem.

 

 

 

 

No comments: