Tuesday, December 06, 2005

No Thanks to Lawyers

I heard a man preach a sermon Sunday night.  His action point was for us to send a thank you note to someone you should thank.

 

I try to be thankful. I have in the past been critical of those who have been less than grateful in my life.

 

I think about who I might thank in writing.  I have been in court so often, so much that putting anything in writing gives me pause.  Oh these general comments are pretty easy.  But, to be specific and say thanks when I know it could be held against me if things went the other way is not reasonable but is a real fear.  I don’t mind saying it verbally, but putting it in writing is another issue.

 

Right now, Doctors are cautioned by the legal beagles NOT to express sorrow or condolences to the family if a person under their care dies.  Doing so might trigger a lawsuit.  They are trained exactly what sterile things to say or to say nothing.   No thanks to all you ambulance chasers out there. 

 

So, here goes, THANKS.  You know who you are.  But I won’t identify you since you might want to sue me some day.  My thank you card might just be admissible in court.

 

 

 

No comments: