Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Much Ado about NOTHING

I'll bet you think this is a political tirade.  NOPE.  Peggy and I are off to the THEATER tonight.  And since it is her (number deleted) birthday on the 22nd we are staying at the Palmer House Hotel overnight.  Dinner date.
 
We will avail ourselves of walking up and down the Magnificent Mile and watch people celebrating the birth of Jesus with their credit cards and a frenzied look on their faces.  Somehow I think the pre-conversion iterations of Scrooge & Marley Accountancy and Moneylenders would applaud this perverted holiday. 
 
Then we will go to the Weinachtmarkt on Daley Plaza. (there is a law in Chicago that everything must be named for Mayors Daley).  This is a pretty good representation of the Weinachtmarkt's (Cristkindlmarkts to you Catholics) as are in Germanic countries.  When we were there we made a hobby of going to as many as possible.  I'm an expert.
 
It all seems so much better eating a potato pancake outdoors  with applesauce on it, a couple sausages and a side of sauerkraut in 5 degree weather.  MMMMM
 
I am soooo German.
 
So, I'll report back when we return tomorrow afternoon.  I'm looking forward to the Shakespeare.  It's never disappointing.  NEVER!
 
 
 
 

No comments: