Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Gleaner on the Road

Family and other issues have me driving north to Dakota again.  One part is a long anticipated reunion with people I spent years traveling the world with.  Our fearless leader of over 80 years on this earth, Dr Godwin won't in fact be attending as planned.  His wife Norma had a Heart Attack and so he is not coming.  But 57 of the faithful will be there and we are preparing a video hookup of wherever he is.  Semper Fei
 
I'll miss seeing him. At any of our ages life and times has a way of turning a hard corner and changing our plans.  We press on.
 
In addition, as noted in an earlier post, there is a family situation.  Seems like all will be well or as well as can be expected.  I will be in Ellendale probably Sunday Night.  Presence is more important than presents.
 
This means that those of you who do read this missive will find me absent unless the Blog-god allows me access to a connection or a computer somewhere so I can send off an update.  I doubt it.
I have a kerosene driven computer and nothing wireless touches my flesh.
 
So, I leave my precious wife and travel alone.  I should be back next Wednesday sometime.  Hopefully that will be soon enough.  This is my second busy season.  I hadn't planned the extended vacation. 
 
In the meantime, I will share my guilty blog pleasures with you to read:
Say Anything (there are two now, read them both)
 
So until you hear (see) otherwise, be back in a week. 
 
You were warned.
 
 
 

No comments: