Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mob Rule Averted in Iraq

I have never been a big fan of democracy. In companies, churches or governments. It’s basically mob rule. Ideal for despots. Hitler was elected in a democracy, Saddam Hussein was elected in a democracy, a deomocracy crucified Jesus.

The Democrat party would like us to abolish the Electoral College so we could have a "true Democracy". That would be horrid. The founding fathers hated that Idea and so do I.

I like the fact that the USA is not a democracy, it’s a republic. We elect people who represent us. If they don't we get someone who will. That's the republican way.

I also like the fact that we are states and that issues regarding Illinois or North Dakota are not decided from Washington. We have some of that now, too much, I would like to see less.

So it was with some pleasure that I saw Iraq moving toward a federalist form of government. Sovereign states that choose to work together. A united states of Iraq. Works everywhere it’s tried.

Now if we could just get rid of the idea of universal democracy in the USA our republic would be safe. Vote Republican.

No comments: