Thursday, October 05, 2006

Guilty Pleasure

This is a small deal.  One to which I must confess.
 
Peggy and I love to watch "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC TV Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.  We watched it last year as well.
 
In fact for as long as I can remember we have enjoyed all kinds of competitive ballroom dancing.  Watched it for years on PBS.  There was this hostess who I guess died of cancer who I liked better than the ones they have now. 
 
When we were younger won a few dance contests in Dickey County.  We were (at least I was) much more flexible then.  Not so much now.
 
I know it's all made for TV hype, I know it's phony, all the tears and such.  It's reality TV with ballroom gowns and lots of makeup.  I know all that.  Hey, some people watch professional wrestling.  So, lighten up.
 
We don't call in and vote.  We just enjoy it.  And without activation of my prophetic gift I try to guess the comments and scores the judges give.  I do OK.  Maybe I'll apply to be a judge.  I could do as well.
 
Don't love me any less for my guilty pleasure.  You have them too.  I'll be you don't even feel guilty you Wrestlemainia watcher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now if they could throw in a few comedians a singer and a guy who spins plates on long sticks…oh wait… that was the Ed Sullivan Show….ah good times.

Jackie Gleason rocked too.