Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Please DON'T Bother

I tried pretty hard and failed. Except I didn’t fail. I had some pix on a compact flash card to be developed and printed. I went to the Walgreens near us. Corner of Peck and 64 west of St. Charles. Walked in. Photo manager tells me that the whole computer is down, doesn’t know when he will have it up, so, I’ll have to go elsewhere. Other customers who had already downloaded their requests were about to be disappointed. No sorry, just Computers.

So, I went to the Walgreens on the west side of Geneva on State Street. That computer was up and running. But the YOUNG lad manning the booth tells me that he can’t find the adaptor to use to load the pictures. It’s now after 8PM. My options are slimmer than they were. He makes a perfunctory effort to find something and then throws up his hands. Well I don’t have his adaptor. And, they SELL these flash discs. Why in heck do you need an adaptor? Shouldn't this be part of the system?

I needed these pictures for a legal deposition I did this morning. So, I went to the west side of Geneva on state street to the CVS pharmacy. They have one hour too. I walked up to the machine, it took my card (a newer machine than Walgreens, no adaptor needed) and then I selected my pictures. At the end it asked me to print a claim slip for the pickup the next morning. I did so. It printed nothing. I asked the little kids who worked there if I could get my claim slip. OH, they assured me, we have you name, when you come in the morning just give us your name and all will be well.

I show up this morning. I stepped to the desk. Was waved dispassionately to the photo counter. Gave her my name. She looks all over. My pix (which I needed) aren’t there.

Now, I get a person over the age of 16, the manager. He looks in the computer, sure nuff, my name and pix are there. But, they didn’t make the “Transfer”. He tries to be apologetic. Badly.

So, the slip the computer didn’t print had something to do with transfer.

Now, I know the picture from Digital camera biz isn’t the biggest thing in all the world. But, it was big to me. I am disappointed and not a happy customer.

Here’s what I am asking Walgreens and CVS to do. PLEASE DON’T OFFER SERVICES YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO OR WON’T BE ABLE TO PROVIDE. Just Stop!

I’ll go to Wolf or Jewel. from now on anyway. When I was at Walgreens I spent $11 on candy, pop, popcorn and other incidentals. Plus I have a prescription that costs about $30 without copay per month. Oh, and you screw that up too often.

I think Jewel has a pharmacy.

I have emailed this link to both companies. Incompetence is it’s own reward.

One other thing, do NOT send me any discount coupons or free stuff. I don’t want it. I’ll just burn it if you do. I would rather just vote with my feet.

Bye Bye

5 comments:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

I went to Meijer's yesterday to get pictures enlarged and reproduced, as well as having a roll of film developed and placed on a disk. I chose the one-hour service. I had it all back in my hot little hands in about 45 minutes! They were very helpful and courteous. Maybe it was because I am Lutheran (a joke, Gene).

Anonymous said...

Wow-looks like we're gonna need a bigger block of cheese to go with the last whine...

What would Jesus do? Would Jesus go to Walgreens or Jewel? Would Jesus need pictures developed in the first place? Here's a thought...did Jesus ever in His entire life her on earth ever have to stand in a line? If so, I wonder what he thought when something not according to His divine plan happened?

Yes, I'll remain anonymous-just for you!
(and yes, we're getting bigger traps for the mice here at the cheese factory-seems we've been getting a huge amount of orders lately-gotta protect the stash-must be a lot of Fall whine festivals here in IL.)

Gene said...

"It's my party and I'll whine if I want to. Whine if I want to, You would whine too if it happened to you."

Besides, I'm just a spokesman for him, I didn't say I was him. He's better than me. That's why I call him GOD.

I'm like Tony Snow being rude to Helen Thomas. Our President never would or should, but Tony does and can.

Jesus wouldn't need photo development, Lutheran or Otherwise.

I, sadly and still mortal and flawed. But, He's working on me.

Someday I'll be like him, till then, I'll whine, than you.

Anonymous said...

I think Jesus would use a camera with a X-D card?

Anonymous said...

"pix on a compact flash card to be developed and printed." Oh, Gene, you are such an old fogy - there is no such thing a 'developed'. On a digital card, they are just data. If you cable your camera to your USB of your computer, you can copy them to your computer and print them on your printer. If you have a color printer, you can print them on photo paper available at office supply stores or Target. Or print just on office paper - this would have been sufficient for your purposes with less running around. One of the very advantages of digital!