Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tough to Get Old(er)

I�m not happy about life going by. I�m not happy about the fact that those
I love seem to experience life at the same rate I do.

Last night at the Choir Reunion seeing all those old people made me wonder
what I was doing there. Then I looked in the mirror.

Now today, seeing other people in the �Home� where Dad is for a while as he
gets back on his feet is hard. People I knew, people strong, people now
waiting for their trumpet sound. It�s hard.

I guess I have life enough. I don�t know what is real or my imagination.
In my imagination I�m feisty, full of life, tough to live with sometimes,
and loving it every day. Or is that reality and seeing life thru a gray
head with wrinkles and less future every day reality.

I�m going to vote feisty. Even if it�s not actually real, even if it�s my
version of the matrix, it�s a reality like Cipher said in the matrix. �I
know this isn�t real, the wine I drink is a computer program, this steak
that melts in my mouth is just an algorithm, but I prefer this to whatever
reality is out there�.

I may NOT want to know how deep that rabbit hole really goes.

No comments: