Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Truth and Lies we tell Ourselves

Dealing with family situations I am in a constant battle to discern the truth of
the situation and the correspondent action I need to take versus the lies I tell
myself and others tell themselves. Obviously I won’t detail this.

But as one famous man once said, “What is Truth”.

I can tell you what truth is: Jesus (Way Truth Life)

Everything else is just perception of imagined “facts” or reality. In other
words truth is our description of an elephant based solely on the examination of
his trunk. Not incorrect, just incomplete.

So, I fight to keep the truth above water and keep at bay the lies we tell
ourselves, one another, and mostly the self in our head.

This isn’t easy, some truth is painful, some is contradictory to our imagined
reality, and some is downright inconvenient.

Can we really deal with the truth face on and make it all work?

I am not hopeful. I think the little dream world we all live in and hope for
is just that, a dream world of our own making.

Then sometimes life’s alarm clock hands us a wakeup call. That is painful.

No comments: