Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why I’m Not A Pastor

If you need a shoulder to cry on, if you need someone to look lovingly into your
eyes and tell you everything is going to be ok, if you need a hug or someone to
lean on, I have good advice for you, go find someone to do that.

I am not HE!

I am one of those people who have learned to keep his mercy gift under control
to an extreme. I am quite willing to help,

Now, I’ll solve problems, I’ll fix things, I’ll see to it things get done. I
will encourage you; I will give you a view of the situation from God’s
perspective using his word as a telescope. I will stand arm in arm with you to
fight the Philistines. Run to the Battle is my war cry. Don’t pull back, step
over the fallen and press on.

In spiritual gifting I am more akin to the Good Samaritan than the Innkeeper.
If I see you along the road I will pick you up, put you on my donkey, pour in
the oil and wine to salve your wounds, but I’m not going feel sorry for you. I’
ll haul you to the inn, see to it you are taken care of, and make a deal with
that guy so you get taken care of again and get going again.

Pity just isn’t there in my justice driven gifting. Justice means making
things straight. Straitening things and people out.

Lord deliver me from me. Or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a self-fulfillig prophecy? Of course, this is coming from someone who is also somewhat mercy-challenged.