Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Kicker is on Ice

I have the conclusion to the essay on Leadership in the Church on ice. I want to be absolutely certain that it is scholarly and accurate so the readers will understand I didn't make any of this up or that it is "just my opinon".

While I use statements in scripture to draw some conclusions that can be drawn, the idea of who is and who is not
qualified to be a leader of a ministry or church according to the standards set in the first 100 years after Jesus is a difficult and painful issue. I am shocked by the reality of how far we've drifted from the Biblical mandate for how leadership should be selected and put in place. We are far too casual and accepting of unqualified leadership.

I'll finish the essay carefully. Only Then will I'll publish. If toes get stepped on based on what I quote from scripture I want people to be certain who actually stepped on those toes.

It won't have been me.

No comments: