Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Shoveling off the Global Warming and Freezing my Tail

We just had a "Blizzard".  Cold and wind.  I think it's not exactly what we used to think of as a blizzard in ND.  It seems like there were various wind requirements to make a storm qualify.  What we had here in IL was a snowstorm.  Winter storm.  Probably not a blizzard.
 
It's almost near zero outside.  So while I was blowing snow and freezing my pinkies I was thinking with amusement of a few news items from yesterday. 
 
  • The opening of Al Gore's "Truth" movie at Cornell was cancelled because of cold and ice.
 
  • The hearings scheduled by the Dems to consider the effects of an amelioration of anthropogenic global warming were called off because of a snow storm.
 
What I really love is the fact that with a smile and maybe a laugh God in heaven looked at all this armwaving and said 6 weeks ago:
 
2007 started off with warm weather. Predictors say it will be warm the rest of the year. As a poke in the ribs to worldly prognosticators, it will be very cold in latter part January and early February. This will cause people to puzzle. There will be a late spring as a result. The words, "How could it have started out so nice and turned so cold".
 
I know this for sure, when it comes to the weather, he created it all, so while He laughs, I'll smile a smile.  It'll be ok.  Climate change is change. People hate change.  Especially those who don't know their God so they try to do and legislate against what God is bringing to pass.  The climate is changing.  It has changed in the past and it will change in the future.  Why do the nations rage?  They don't know Him.  And he just Laughs at them.  I can hear him say, "they're so silly".
 
Psalm 2:4 The one enthroned in heaven laughs. The Lord makes fun of them.
 
I know it doesn't do much for seeker sensitive ideals but if you decide to fight against God you only amuse him.  So quit clowning around.

No comments: