Thursday, June 07, 2007

Blown Away

I have been a little quiet blogwise. Because - I've been working - a LOT.  12 hour days.  I'm not complaining.  I would do this for free.  I love to do what I do so much.  I pruned plants all day yesterday.
 
Today, I may not love it as much.  I have been so wise as to schedule 3 truckloads to ship today.  That's not the problem.  The wind will be up to 50 mph today and 93 degrees.  That's the problem.  Get a tree up in the air in that wind and it gets entertaining.  Putting a tarp on that truck is even more exciting in that wind.
 
I'll not be doing that, the nurseries will.  I have 2 - 26' loads of potted plants to ship today.  I have a young (17) high school student, a friends son who is going to help me load and unload the truck.  I hope he doesn't wear out.  That will be in the wind and rain as well.  So, by nightfall I'll be blown away.
 
In a news report about baby boomers of which I am almost one  (I'm actually a year too old to be considered a true baby boomer) I heard that 30% have no intention of ever retiring.  The intend to work till the day they die.  I am one of those.  I can't imagine what I would do in retirement.  I am doing what I want to do.  I love what I do.  Why would I retire?
 
So, I won't.
 
I have a theory.  I think there is a political indicator in those who want to retire.  I'll let you make the analysis.  Could there be a correlation between conservatism and liberalism and the idea of retiring?   I think there may be.

1 comment:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

What if you are a conservative liberal with moderate leanings? Or a liberal conservative with moderate leanings? Or a moderate with...you get my drift...

I will just let God decide when it is time to "reboot" on a permanent basis!