Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Prairie Apologetics

I know I will be in trouble for this.  But, if you read only ONE THING today you have to read the post Julie makes regarding a discussion in comments on this blog and her dissertation on it.

Julie in her responce is eloquent, respectful and deeply insightful.  I thought of titling this post, Angela's Ashes, But that would be wrong since her name isn't even Angela. 

If you ever wanted to know how to answer a lost atheist look at how well Julie does it.  She doesn't use the Bible, something we old thumpers did in the old days.  Atheists don't believe the Bible is any more relevant or true than an operators manual for a refrigerator.  Good for refrigerators but not for them. 

There is much to learn about reaching the lost atheist from Julie.  "Angela" may not respond.  Her loss.  But Julie did well.

If I learn to write someday I will be eloquent, respectful and insightful.  Till then I'm just Gene.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's OK to be Gene. God know him...

Julie said...

Ah, Gene...I think you're being a little overly generous here. Really.

Anonymous said...

Taking comments out of context and skewing their meaning and stretching their intent then making bold leaps of logic to refute them is hardly praiseworthy.

Julie said...

I see you visited both blogs to leave a similar comment, anonymous. I've addressed your claim on my blog in the comments section, for the last time.

Please consider using your name there, even though the option to be anonymous is available. It really helps the discussion.