Tuesday, July 10, 2007

21st Century and all that bunk!

Kevin is deep in the throes of getting his dad technically into the 21st century. What a hassle. Watching him fight with all this (and he is pretty savvy at 35 years on doing all this) we still spend an inordinate amount of time on the phone with support folks. The ones we are talking to seem to actually by from the USA. Miracles never cease. Why is this all so hard. If I had to do this alone I never could. It took us an hour just to set up a new email account.

Tomorrow 6 meg download wireless high speed Internet shows up. Hope it works. Glad I'm not doing it.

Last Night I bought an HP laptop. 2 gig of ram, 120 gig hard drive. Vista is on it. By itself Vista occupies 40 GIG. Dumb. Plus it comes with NO REAL USEFUL software. No wonder Gates is the second richest man in the world.

I am going to an IPHC E-4 pastor's conference in Columbus OH. My friend Barry informs me that 43 is travel in anniversaries. This is 42 but we are going to travel anyway. Our anniversary is on Monday the 16th. Columbus? I must attend this annual conference to maintain my ministerial credentials for another year. They want to see if I can still sit up and breath. I can.

So, in preparation for the auspicious event, I am getting my nails done. Peggy bought me a MAN icure. Nail Detail they call it. Metrosexual Gene call me. If you know me well that is a huge yuckitup.

I'll be so dazzling I'll need sunglasses. They are supposed to do my feet too. Pedicure. Peggy went all out. Here's the question. WHY? Who's going to see my feet? I think I'll turn my gift card into a multi cuticle harvest fest. Makes more sense to me.

After Thurs PM no posts till Sunday when we get back from Columbus. Not that you'll miss me all that much. I have a complex prophetic word I need to deliver. I may post it here before I go. You can then judge it. It's very encouraging as prophetic words are supposed to be.

2 comments:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

A contemporary or modern Forty second anniversary gift has a theme of Improved Real Estate.

Gene said...

Where do you get this stuff?

Improved Real Estate. What should I do, Paint the house, get new windows, Fix the fence? NO, WAIT.

I'll plant a tree. Yea, that's the ticket.

Now where. No hyperbole, I have right at 173 different trees and shrubs on my "Improved" property right now by last count. I think I may have planted one this spring I didn't count. I'm running out of room.

Maybe a nice caragana right over there (inside joke).

Happy 42'nd Honey. Nothing says I love you like Caragana.