Monday, July 09, 2007

AN APOLOGY IN ORDER

I didn't know I had crossed a line. If and when I do I want to be quick and certain to apologise. Such is the case of being too personal. I will make no defence. I have mentioned names when perhaps I shouldn't have. I have made abstract allusions when I thought they were masked pretty well. I guess not.

I'll be more careful.

However, the Art story is one he tells at his slide shows now. So, nothing out of school about that.

Regarding a person who deserves admiration of one sort or another:

The fact is I appreciate the ability of some people to get things done.

I know there are exceptions. I know people make tremendous sacrifices in personal situations. Those must be and are admired.

That takes nothing away from the plunger, the risk taker, the creator of wealth by savvy and skill.

We all have hero's, some sung, some unsung.

So, while I understand Ken's story, I also stand in appreciation of those who take a road less traveled. We need more of their kind in this world. Most people play it far too safe in life.

No comments: