Monday, July 30, 2007

Racking up the Hours

For a lot of reasons I spent a total of 8 hours in church or church services yesterday. My couch called me but I couldn't respond. No nap.

In the morning I dressed like SPOCK to engage folks to come to the men's retreat in two weeks. A couple men signed up.

In the afternoon I was part of the first service ever in the new building in Berwyn. I don't think that precious old church building had heard anything like that in decades. The man from the elder board who sat in as an observer really loved what he saw and heard.

I'm convinced that this is going to work. I'm convinced there is much much more to all this than meets the eye.

Then, we were off to Rockford, our normal church night. A man who came to speak as a prophet and teacher was really on. I had to take a short nap before. But, when 5 guitars, 3 drummers, 2 keyboards, 4 singers and a wind section cranked up full blast I woke up.

The man had a word of warning for me. He pointed his finger at me and told me something I needed to hear. It's a bit frightening knowing HE knows. Not Mike, the Lord. I think sometimes I live like no one knows. HE DOES.

If I had been in the Pilgrim churches of early America I would have been considered a piker. They would go 4 hours at a crack twice on Sunday on a wooden bench without air conditioning. I did my 8 with many luxuries. HOWEVER, at the end of 8 hours I settled back for a long summer's nap.

No comments: