Monday, July 30, 2007

Red Moon Rising

Last Night coming back from Church we were far out in the country. It was about 8:30PM. The moon was just coming up. As it breached the horizon and took it's place in the sky the color was bright orange with a smiling face on it. Like the Jack-O- Lanterns of youth.

I know that what I was seeing was just dust in the air adding their tinge of color to the full moon face. I know that. But it is really a glorious sight to behold and at the edge of the horizon as it comes up looks like it takes up half the sky. Not really half but it is beautiful.

Men of long ago spoke prophetically about the moon turning red. That was an ominous sign. Sometimes in war so much smoke and dust would be generated that at certain angles looking thru the dust the moon would appear red.

I don't know if there is any sign. I do know that the moon was pumpkin orange last night. That isn't always the color. It was pretty. But there are anniversaries coming up that terrorists like to observe.

So, I'll watch by the light of a Jack-O-Lantern Moon.

No comments: