Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Music

 We have a Direct TV sat dish.  Nothing special in programming over Dish except for God TV and several other Christian channels.  But, one thing we have discovered are the XM music channels. 
 
I'm hooked on channel 866.   That's a 24/7 classical Christmas music channel.  WOW. 
 
It plays day and night.  Many of my favorite opera stars sing these carols.  The choirs are fabulous.
 
What a wonderful service they provide.  On the local music stations that play Christmas Music little of it is sacred anymore.  I'm pretty tired of White Christmas and Santa Baby.  It's all political correctness.  We are robbed of hearing GOOD Christmas music on radio because we have to listen to crap that doesn't offend atheists.
 
But, Peggy and I are sitting here reading  (and Blogging) with wonderful music on the telly.  Wonderful stuff.
 
If you have such a dish try it, you'll like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gene,
I have XM in my car and I, too, listen to the Classical Carols station (or FOX NEWS) when I'm driving. Yesterday I took Mom and Dad to Aber. to do a little shopping. We listened to the Classical Carols station all the way down. As we were driving into Aber. I started to sing along (Redlin style) to "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". In a minute, Dad was singing with me. Then Mom joined in. It was a glorious moment and one I will treasure forever. When we got back home, it was dark. We decided to drive around town and look at the Christmas lights. We listened to the C.C. station as we drove and really got in the spirit. As we drove through one section of town with no lights on for blocks, Dad said, "It looks like the Christmas spirit hasn't rained in on this section of town yet." You know how he would have said it. It was priceless.