Saturday, December 15, 2007

An excellent piece of MEAT??????

We have a very nice European food store in our area, BENDE'S.

It's a half hour drive from here. But, IF you are northern European it's the place to go. I am so I do.

One of the select items in the store is Smoked Pork Loin. Let me describe it. Very hard, sorta like shoe leather only harder. Salty. Smoky.

I have figured out how to make this product.

Ingredient list:
  • SALT
  • PORK LOIN
  • SALT
  • SALT
  • SMOKE
  • SALT

Based on taste tests the recipe goes as follows:

  1. Take one lean pork loin. Insert in bushel of salt. leave there for a year.
  2. Remove pork loin, smoke for another year in the smoke house.
  3. Soak in highly concentrated saline solution for two years.
  4. Smoke and dry down for a year in the smoke house.
  5. When consistency of shoe leather remove from smoke house and add salt.
  6. Serve with salt.

So, the ingredient list should read:
  • Salt
  • Salt
  • Salt
  • Salt
  • Smoke
  • Pork Loin
  • Salt
  • Smoke
  • Salt

Slice thinly and eat. No need for refrigeration. It's salted.

Now, here's the really ugly part. IT'S FABULOUS. PEGGY AND I CAN'T GET ENOUGH.

My hypertension loves it too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMM…salty 5 year old pig carcass served at room temperature…that is quite a feast. Pair that with a nice Ole Milwaukee 6 pack and you got yourself a meal.

(My mother board/power supply/jiggawatt carbarendom thingy went down a few days ago and I am finally back with a new computer. What have I missed?)
(I don’t like the new Vista) (Yet)

Gene said...

RBB, are you sure you aren't hosing me? I mean how would you know about the official adult beverage of we Chicagoites. Ole Mil.

I think you're a plant ;-))

In any case, wonderful stuff that ham. Instant heart attach/stroke but you go happy.

New computer. I did that a few months ago. Got the most and the fastest I could afford knowing the second after I bought it I would have been better off tossing it directly in the dumpster at the front door because before I was out of the store it would be out of date.

Vista stinks. I've used it for 5 months. It is so intuitive it's impossible to use. But, it has a couple nice features if I can remember what they are. I hope you got all your data off your old computer.

I cam very close to reversing the thing and reloading XP. Probably should have.

I did several windows updates and that helped a little. It did freeze up yesterday. First time in a long time.

My son just bought a Applebook. So did my Pastor. They just couldn't see themselves going thru computer hell with Micro Soft.

I have a theory Bill Gates is the AntiChrist or at least he knows him. Not really, he's probably a really nice man. But boy do they come up with some goofy software.

The worst by far is Office 2007. I unloaded that after trying to use it for 3 months. It's unusable.

Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

I think you're a plant ;-))

I am what I eat!


Gates – antichrist! HA! You are on to something there my friend. I sometime ponder what power Gates might have if the Chinese actually paid for all the Microsoft products they steal. Frightening. Gates’ charity is something to behold. Larry Ellison is the antichrist’s roommate though. He is buying up the beach I live on. He has about 800 feet of property now a lot of it is contiguous.

Ya know Gene, half of what your guy Huckabee says is so liberal I catch myself saying, huh? And then comes the other half and again I catch myself saying, huh?