Monday, January 21, 2008

IF this is true then all people calling themselves Lutheran should condemn the ELCA today

I heard about this Sunday.  I decided to look it up.  Sure enough, the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) pays for elective abortion thru it's health care plan.
 
Somehow having elective abortion paid for by a seminarian health care plan somehow seems out of line.  Ya think?
 
Call me narrow-minded.
 
But I looked it up.  So should you. Prove and correct me if I'm wrong.  A few months ago when the ELCA had its convention in Chicago and embraced gay clergy or at least allowed for it, I made the proclamation that if YOU are part of an ELCA congregation, you are in jeopardy.  Get out.  Run.  Leave the Church.  Never give another dollar.  Starve out Jezebel.
 
Apostasy should be shunned; not rewarded by apathy. 
 
OR at least do what some Episcopalians have done.  Start a conservative move to split the Church.
 
This is pure and simple sin.  That's what prophets are supposed to do. Call sin SIN.  I just did.

No comments: