Friday, January 25, 2008

Who does God endorse for President?

What if God wanted to Install a President of the USA?

I know, he's not. But, humor me. If he wanted to put one in how would he do it?

With bombast and media blitz? Don't think so. Not his style. Last time the King of the universe came to earth it was pretty humble stuff.

With big horsepower and media endorsements? Nope. There was a time after his earthly popularity waned when Jesus was down to a chosen few. He asked, “are you gonna bail too”. And the local establishment party hated him. He didn't kiss their butts like they thought he should. In fact he was kinda mean to them. They wanted to get even. And they did, for a little while.

So, what would he do? If I know God and I think I do, he would take an unlikely person from an unlikely place and put him into the fray without any resources like he did John the Baptist or Jesus. Poor beaten and crucified. In John's case beheaded.

It would be such that the only way it would work out would be when God caused heaven and earth to move. It would be an irrational candidacy.

In fact he said once, “It's not by power, or by might, but by my Spirit”. Even Paul, who was a big shot and then became hated of lots of people said, “I don't come to you with clever speeches or good rhetoric”. His front men have always been seen as second rate by the world.

So, If God were to want to put a President in place he would do it in the only way He ever does things, by the most unusual and illogical methods possible. He would use humble apparently unqualified people. He would put in the position one on whom people would have given up.

That's how he's always done it. Maybe He wants to do it that way once more. I'm not saying anything, but sometimes when things happen completely out of the ordinary and with the most unlikely folks, people of faith step back and say, that must be God because I'd never have done it that way. That's the story of my life. I'll send God a fax instructing him how to do this or that for me. I can hear him laugh uproariously. He's very amused by my ideas. Then loving me like he does he mercifully does all things perfectly in my life.

So, who's God's candidate? I have no idea. I do know this. He puts one up and takes another down. That's scripture. I don't think he's changed his methods. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. I'm going to vote God's way if he tells me what to do. He'd want me to.

1 comment:

Ron McK said...

If God had wanted nations to have presidents, he would have mentioned it in the scriptures.