Monday, March 31, 2008

The Father's Heart

Yesterday I spoke with a man who attends our church who's son has been stricken with Juvenile onset (Type one) diabetes this last week. This is a little boy.

50 years ago this diagnoses was long term terminal. We had that in our own family. There is much to hope for today and someone to hope in. He has that hope.

During his relating the whole discovery of the affliction he said something that illustrates what the Father's heart really is towards us, "I prayed and cried for two hours. I kept saying, give it to me, let me have the disease and spare him".
I know that is exactly what he was saying. He would take all his pain, all his suffering, all his danger on his body if it would redeem his child from this curse. I also know he meant it.

The pain at his child's distress is exactly what Father God feels towards us. Once we were his children walking peacefully in the Garden with him full of joy and in fullness of fellowship with HIM. Then one day a disease came on us. SIN. It was terminal. It would only cause pain. It would be worse as time went on.

The Father heart of God was broken, He said, "I can't let them stay in that pain, I can't let them remain doomed in sin. I will take all that pain, all that sin, all that doom on myself."

So, He became flesh, hurt in every way just as we do, and then on the cross he took it all for us. Every sin, every disease, every curse, every pain, every death sentence - he took it all. Everything. Complete. He didn't hold back from us anything relating to LIFE and Godliness. He bore it all bodily and then destroyed it, took it to the pit of hell and then HE conquered as He ROSE AGAIN.

When I looked into Mark's Eyes yesterday I saw a reflection of the Father Heart of God. If we as broken condemned sinners could just get a glimpse of the Fathers heart towards us we would throw ourselves on His mercy and grace knowing that HE makes all things new. Anyone who doesn't believe in Healing for Today doesn't understand the atonement or the Substitutionary Death of Jesus and the completeness of the price paid.

I'm believing for full healing for that little guy. It's already been paid for. IN FULL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

You have shown our Father's heart
in such a 'loving' way Gene. I am sure that precious child will be healed.