Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bad Sleep Habits

I know this is a function of oldernessisms.  I don't sleep like a baby any more.  I'm not a baby unless you count baby plus 63 years, baby.
 
So, no matter what time I  go to bed I wake up at the same time. 4AM.  I know because I turn on my little radio and they tell me the time.  Every morning the same.
 
Most of the time I toss and turn and attempt to get a few winks more.  Mostly I don't. I just toss and turn.
 
So, this morning I rolled out at 4 AM and turned on the Prayer Room from KC off the Direct TV channel 365.That was good.  I answered some overnight emails and did some other work.  Then about 6 I went back to bed for an hour.  However, 7AM, my bioclock said get up you slugabed.  So, I'm up for the day.
 
I'm OK but I'm grumpier than usual if I don't get a good nites sleep.  That would be 7 on the Richter grump scale.
 
That's why I need sleep. 
 
Degrumifying.
 
Oh, I have the joy of the Lord, it's just the non Lord stuff that I'm grumpy about.  Like a lack of sleep.
 
I'll sleep good tonight.  I hope.  Time to break out the melatonin again.  That works really well for me.  But, I'm not consistent.  Please don't write me with the take a drink of milk or something.  Sometimes just a restless day is payment enough.  I'll sleep tonight.

No comments: