Thursday, March 20, 2008

Now it Begins

This morning in the very wee hours spring sprung.   When I was a kid we had a poem we loved to chant. It went like this: "spring has sprung, the grass is riz… I wonder where the birdies is." We thought it was hilarious. Of course we were just kids. Right now, it is March, howling winds, cold temperatures and wind chill factors that make the twenty-five mile an hour winds seem like the Antarctic.
 
What this has to do with anything is that it's a new day.  I guess every day is.  But this one is new for lots of reasons.  Convergence.  Easter and spring.  Death gives way to resurrection.  Cold and barren gives way to fruitfulness.
 
And, being an old commodity trader, the long looked for bubble is bursting.  It's time.  If I had any guts I'd get in on it.
 
Oil and gold going down, dollar going up, the DJIA won't do much, this is irrelevant to that.
 
In the long run this is good news.  See Larry Kudlow's writing below.
 
I never worry very much, first there's little you can do about it and second even if there were you wouldn't.
 
So live your life, go to church and enjoy it all.

No comments: