Sunday, May 04, 2008

First REALLY NICE day

When I left North Dakota I told people it was for the weather.  Kind of a joke.  Well, this year it has been hilarious.  Today, for the first time it got up to seventy degrees solidly.  I anticipate 6 months of acceptable season, spring summer and fall and 6 months of relative dismal.
 
This year it's been more than relative.  Cold, miserable uncomfortable.
 
So what did I do with this first really nice day?  Put a belt on the mower AGAIN.  This is about the 4th one over the last 4 years.  I think I have figured out the problem. 
 
Peggy meanwhile is out killing dandelions.  I don't know why.  They are so yellow and pretty.  Why kill them. 
 
But she does.  AND ANTS.  She's death on ants. 
 
I love that woman.  A nice day and she goes crazy.  Good for her.  She'll sleep well tonight.
 
But soon we are off for church. 
One other thing. On May 5th of every year our red flowering dogwood usually is in full bloom.  This year it's about 80% there.   Too cold.
 
Nice to see the grass green up.  I have peonies I got from Ellendale, Mom, Ruth, Gave them to me probably 35 years ago.  I never kill a plant if I don't have to.  I have moved the again and again.
 
I have roses and Columbines I have moved several times.  I did have a 35 year old geranium but last winter it went to geranium heaven.  Too many viruses.
 
Spring has finally sprung.  Not a month too soon.

No comments: