Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Changing My Gender - NOT

In a conversation with another prophet he said something that sticks with me.

"You can no more stop being a prophet or prophesying than you can change your gender. If someone tries to stop you from Prophesying they are asking you in essence to change your gender".

If you know me, that's an amusing though. Ms Gene.

But, what he said is true. I don't TRY to be a prophet, I don't yearn to be a prophet, I don't even tout being a prophet, I just am one.

Like my gender, I was once a boy, then a young man, now old(er).

In the prophetic I am growing. I don't know prophetically what age I am. I am not a SR prophet even if I am a SR.

I don't see myself as a boy any more. I want to MATURE prophetically so I do fewer stupid things. I want to accurately reflect the heart and mind of God thru what I say and write. I want to say what God says.

I don't always succeed. But to become discouraged or try to stop being a prophet or prophesying is futile. I must cry out.

This is true for every one of the 5 fold ministry gifts. You don't need to have a person validate what you are, you just are. And you can't change it if you carry a ministry gift.

I don't believe you can "develop" another ministry Gift from Ephesians 4. I don't think it's an option. If I were an evangelist I would evangelize as a prophet, if I teach I teach as a prophet and so on.

I am like the Prophet Jeremiah when he said in Chapter 20 in his namesake book verses 8-9:

8 Whenever I speak, I cry out
proclaiming violence and destruction.
So the word of the LORD has brought me
insult and reproach all day long.

9 But if I say, "I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,"
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.

lIKE THE PSALMIST:

You have turned my mourning into dancing;
you have taken off my sackcloth
and clothed me with joy,
so that my soul may praise you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

Psalm 30:11-12

I'm in good company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O come on...you would look downright perty in pink