Thursday, July 10, 2008

On the Road

I am off to Columbus for a Pastor's conference.  This is a requirement for me to keep my credentials.  I go every year.  They still credential me.  I got em fooled I guess.
 
The IPHC is a good organization.  Been around 130 years (since the late 1800's). Rooted from the Lutheran reformation and Wesleyan traditions, it's doctrine is solid.  The IPHC is fairly sizeable globally (3 million including all affiliates).  Strongest in South America but with Churches on every continent.  The weakest place for the IPHC is in the USA.  With about 2000 congregations the total membership in the USA is about 300,000.   An average that means average attendance per church in the IPHC is 150 people.  That means of global affiliates and all the IPHC in the USA is only 10%.
 
They are doing good work and I am part of that effort.  Bringing the breath of Pentecost to the Church in America.
 
Not bad marching orders.
 
B Back Sunday
 

No comments: