Monday, July 07, 2008

Late Sun - Is it worth freezing over

I have always been amazed and amused by the difference in times of sunrise and sunset by latitude and longitude.  There are lots of helps on line that tell you these things.
 
Today in St Charles IL the sun came up at 5:27AM and will set tonight at 8:30PM
 
Today in Fargo ND the sun came up at 5:42AM and will set tonight 9:24PM
 
Today in Texarkana TX the sun came up at 6:13AM and will set tonight at 8:29.
 
There is a pattern here.  The further north you live the longer your day, but the colder your rear end is in winter. 
I do miss those late night twilight hours in Dakota.  It would be dusky till well after 10.  In St Charles it's dark in 30 minutes.
 
So, I don't have a decision.  Just thought I would mention it.

1 comment:

Dr. Barry L. Kolb said...

I love being able to walk early in the day here in Texarkana; and appreciate sitting out at a ballgame in the twilight of the evening! Y'all are welcome down here!