Thursday, August 07, 2008

Handling Snakes (or people mean as)

Many in the Confessional Lutheran church worry a great deal about people handling snakes. I never have. Never will. Never seen it. Wouldn't fear it if I was faced with it. I fear very little. I'm a big believer in Mark 16. If I drink poison, end up with a snake on my hand like Paul did or step on a scorpion I won't worry about it. Sometimes when I have eaten out I have had to confess Mark 16 over what was placed before me.

Of course casting out demons, Speaking in Tongues, raising the dead and healing the sick are all part of the Mark 16 package.

For the Confessional Lutherans Mark 16 is not part of their belief system.

The level of discourse on a confessional Lutheran blog I mentioned earlier is even worse than I thought. They don't have to worry about snakes in the churches they are so desperately trying to protect, They are already there.

Screwtape is happy as a clam in salt water and I am saddened by all this beyond belief. How did they ever end up there? Is there any hope for them at all?

I shared this with my Prophetic Friends last night and what a tragedy it all is. One of them said he thought that perhaps many of them might actually make heaven. But, when they step from time into eternity the chains of tradition and religion will fall from them and they will look at the pile around them wondering how all that happened. Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. They will only experience true joy and freedom on the other side. What sadness.

These people are the least free I have ever encountered. I have known Orthodox Catholics with fewer hangups than this bunch.

Martin Luther is doing 2500 RPM and accelerating in his grave as we speak.

1 comment:

jeery said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.