Saturday, August 09, 2008

Senator John Edwards is Human, Weak, Vain, Egodriven and a Liar

Before you get upset with me, those are all things he said in a self deprecating way about himself. I agree with him. He is all those things.

So am I sometimes.

I am not standing in Judgment of him. Others will do that while the liberal sycophantic media will hide this as quickly as possible. I'm waiting for the moment when the voting record of the man who pursued and broke this story is questioned. I think he's from Great Britain. "Rats" someone at CBS news is saying.

This is a clear case of "Be sure your sin will find you out". It will be shouted from the rooftops. It will be brought to the light. Either here and in the media or at the Bema seat of Jesus it will come out.

IF when he was first confronted with this truth about him in October of last year, had he and Elisabeth stood holding hands said, "Yes it's all true, it's a matter of great pain in our family, I'm a flawed sinful man. I seek to become your President as I seek your forbearance. I have nailed my sin against God and my wife on the cross of Jesus."

I suspect the picture today would be different than it is. We might be seeing a different Democrat convention from what we are about to see.

A writer I admire and believe to have a compassionate and solid view of all this is a precious Catholic Woman who calls herself "The Anchoress". Her take on this is pretty much on the money.

I forgive John Edwards, most people, Jesus and his wife will. But, we must watch for men like him. They are dangerous if put in leadership of a company (I wrote on one such that nearly bankrupted me), a church or a nation.

Look at the title of how he now describes himself. No man or woman is perfect, it's just some flaws are worse. The sin of Hubris (pride) is worse than the act of adultery in it's damage.

My Pastor friend Aaron Helland is convinced by his Study that PRIDE, (HUBRIS) is the root of nearly all sin.

He might just be right. I don't want my sin to be shouted from the rooftops. I'm running to the cross as fast as I can.

Join me.

No comments: