Sunday, November 23, 2008

What is Submission?

Sub means under

AND

Mission means the thing one is is purposed to do

If a person is Submitted to me, it means they are committed to support and do what I am purposed to do. Not what THEY want to do.

If I am submitted to another person it means that I am committed to support and do what they are purposed to do. Not what I want to do.

If I have a purpose and a mission and the person to whom I am submitted has a purpose and a mission and both attempt to pursue those respective missions we are not in submission either way, therefore when we try to work together we have Division. Two visions.

That is not Submission. We are not under an other's mission.

Therefore we fail.

That's why in a marriage there must be submission one to another. That means that the marriage to be undivided must have one purpose submitted to another. They may agree, but one purpose will be submitted. Under the other's mission. That might be man to wife, wife to man, but one will lay down their mission to submit to another's mission.

Same in a business. Same in a Church. If a person doesn't submit to the vision and mission of the organization and the leadership of that organization, the they are creating division.

Two visions.

That's not submission.

That's a shipwreck. In a marriage. In a company. In a Church.

I just thought that anyone who had a problem understanding why submission is important would need a primer.

I just gave one.

No comments: