Sunday, November 23, 2008

Farm Country Values

I'm astounded by the Press and other liberals who are apoplectic over the video of Sarah Palin at a turkey farm in an interview while turkeys are being processed.

Yep, that's what turkeys are. Processed. They are bred, fed, fattened and at the right time turned into butterballs in the freezer.

That's how it all works. If you don't believe me ask a turkey farmer.

I think most Mainstream Liberal Media types have never cleaned a fish, killed and cleaned poultry like chickens and ducks. Have never shot and dressed any animal.

These are some of the headlines:

# TURKEYS DIE AS GOVERNOR PALIN TAKES QUESTIONS FROM MEDIA

# GOV. SARAH KEEPS TALKING WHILE TURKEYS GET SLAUGHTERED BEHIND HER

# GOV. PALIN APPARENTLY OBLIVIOUS TO TURKEY CARNAGE OVER HER SHOULDER

They are wimps. Girly boys.

Sarah Palin isn't intimated by the processing of dead animals into meat. I want all people who are offended by this whole thing to stop eating all meat at once. No more steak. No more McDonalds and for thanksgiving I want those girly boys to to eat tofu turkey for Thanksgiving.

Yum.

Isn't the idiot left amusing?

I learned to do this kind of work when I was very young. I always knew to honor and respect the animal I had killed. We are worse for losing rural America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of years ago. I remember butchering chickens as a family affair. First, we would get a half 33 gallon barrel full of water brought to a boil over an open wood fire. Dad would then go into the chicken coop, snare a chicken, take him over to the chopping block, and then chop his head off. After a minute or two we would take the chicken from the ground and dip them into the boiling water to loosen their feathers. Then we would hang them from a tree using twine string and commence plucking the feathers. Once plucked, dad would take a propane torch and burn the pin feathers off. My mom, meanwhile, would gut (clean) the chickens once the pin feathers were burnt off. She was very efficient, although dad would jump in and help here once the plucking operation was starting to catch up. I had to chuckle to hear stories of great white hunters standing back intimidated as mom would with not one wasted movement clean the chickens, geese, turkeys, or whatever while they stood by with their hands in their pockets. There was nothing morbid about this operation. We did it with good comraderie with family and friends, and still do. It was a way of life I still participate in. This year I participated in butchering a beef and the subsequent meat cutting. I'll do it again even though my life is now different from its humble beginnings. And when these uppity-ups criticize good women like Sara Palin, they also criticize a very good woman, my mom. Not cool.