Friday, February 06, 2009

Check with me and I'll keep you from stupidity

I have a friend who said that to me yesterday. He's a pretty bright guy and has a lot of insight.

But, if I want to be stupid I can do that with or without his help. So I'll pass thank you.

I have offered the same help to others. I have a friend who authored a silly post on his blog. He was serious. It's just that it made him look, well let's just say not very discerning. Several people called him on it. I'm sure he still believes he is right.

I won't offer to help him from looking stupid. He wouldn't take it. Nor would I. Even at my age, at his age, if we want to be stupid, we can do that all by ourselves and wouldn't take help even if it is offered.

I don't know if there's a Bible verse that supports this, but there probably is. I wasn't thinking very Biblically.

Just Human.

No comments: