Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's so Irksome to Talk to my Wife, tell her I love her, ask her forgiveness, touch her heart, sometimes even ask her to do something I need done.

I mean, how hard can this be.....

She's here, I have to be all nice to her and everything. What's up with that.

I guess I'm immature for finding myself wanting to communicate with her. I don't find it as hard as it was. I know her. She knows me. I know she loves me unconditionally. There is nothing between us except my sin. She even knows that and loves me anyway.

I'm sure about now, you wonder.

OK, I'm not talking about my wife at all. I'm talking about a post My Friend John Armstrong wrote. How irksome is prayer? About as Irksome as talking to the woman who lights up my life. And I hope, she will keep talking to me. It's not irksome. It's natural. It's a joy. Particularly when HE talks to ME. If you don't get this parallel you don't understand bride and bridegroom.

I guess if you never get any feedback it could be irksome. Then, the question is WHY? Who is the problem, the one speaking or the one without ears to hear.

I'll give grace but I won' t accept that Prayer is Irksome, unless you don't understand prayer.

No comments: