Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spiritual Maturity comes from Spiritual Hunger

I have been leading a group of men for four years at Lord of Life. The ones who faithfully and regularly come have become solid. They have grown by retreats, by our Men of God things we do, by many of the opportunities presented.

I have watched these men grow into hungry mature Christians. I struggle with the concept of discipling people. I don't think you can disciple a Peter if when you say, Follow Me, he keeps fishing.

There are a couple of men who came today because of the topic. Not regulars. We talked a great deal today about the application to our lives of the broken Body of Jesus. He said Broken so I'm going with broken. I know there are other opinions. I won't argue it.

Those men are not well discipled. All the opportunities they have had for discipleship have been un accessed. Always something else to do.

Well, it's not like that. You can't force feed discipleship to someone. I am against any program that is more dependant on the discipler than the disciple. They have to decide to stick.

I'm not critical as much as I am astounded at the level of maturity shown by the men who have dedicated themselves to being discipled and those who frankly have dodged, dipped and weaved.

It's just not that way. Spiritual Maturity comes from Spiritual Hunger.

No comments: