Monday, June 01, 2009

Is this a harbinger of things to come??


This picture despite the fact that it says 2000 for a date was taken this spring. I don't set the date on my camera since it keeps losing it. I need a new camera.

Anyway, this is a picture of the phenomenal flower set on the chokecherry in my back yard this spring.

Since then the fruit set from this is almost zilch. Chokecherry is mostly wind pollinated. So this isn't about bees. What it may more likely be about is the very cold weather we keep having.

I posted a couple days ago that the sun has gone cool. It's in a cold cycle. Once a few centuries ago when this happened it caused the little ice age.

I am concerned that the cold weather we are having is a harbinger of things to come. We may be in for a long cold spell. Global warming is passe. We need to sun to fire up again or I may never get a chokecherry again.

OH, and in New York and Northern Michigan there are frost and freeze warnings tonight.

Our climate has changed, is changing. We are getting very much colder.

No comments: