Monday, June 15, 2009

Life Verses for Athiests

Most atheists don't spend much time in the Bible. If they did, however, they would find a couple verses to ponder:

Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

How is that different from the atheism we see practiced today?

I have always been bemused by atheists who say on this blog and others, I'm moral, I live by a moral code that allows me to get along with others. I don't say they are bad people, just ignorant of one other verse....

I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Jeremiah 31:33b-34

They don't understand that what they believe is morality and good behavior based on reason is God trying to impart wisdom by writing it on their hearts.

Atheism is a funny religion. Adherents think they serve no God, they serve ONE, themselves and their reason. Reason will always take your down further than you wanted to go. Reason built gas chambers for people that were not a good part of society in the view of some.

Read the heart God gave you, learn of HIM.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know Leviticus prohibits mildew? We read more than you think we read and we see how silly it all is. Calling our rejection of religion another religion is just an attempt to make us like you when in reality we are way beyond you. Sorry.

Gene said...

See Anonymous's comment for the truth of THIS:
(Athiest) Adherents think they serve no God, they serve ONE, themselves and their reason.

As the great prophet say, "You gonna serve SOMEONE". You do!

Anonymous said...

"Did you know Leviticus prohibits mildew? We read more than you think we read and we see how silly it all is."
My mom died from mildew. Atheists are an insensitive bunch. The Bible is the real deal. Mildew is medically bad for a person.