Sunday, February 12, 2012

I have been a secret (not so secret) admirer of Curtis Jackson (AKA Fifty Cent). Not because of his music..which I don't know very well. Not because of his background, which is difficult. I admire him because of his fearlessness. I have seen him interviewed twice on CNBC, the business channel. Have read some of his writing. His success in business and ability to bounce back and claw his way t...o the top is amazing. There is also a Kim Clement prophetic word about him. That all being said, I picked up a book while on vacation. This is NOT a recommendation, but I found it interesting. I had to press thru some of the drivel by the coauthor of the Book, Robert Green, yet, it helped me understand why Fifty has been as effective as he has been. I have also been reading some of Malcolm X's speeches. There is no spiritual endorsement in this post, I don't think Fifty of Malcolm are or were there... yet. These men have much to inform the culture. Those, even Spiritual Leaders would do well to access what these men say. They espouse principles that if we could exercise in a Godly way WOULD transform the culture. By the way, I don't think Fifty or Malcolm would support our current race baiting leadership in the public eye. I don't think they would or do support Obama for re election. It may be the lens thru which I read these things, but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.


www.amazon.com
A hip hop icon joins forces with the best-selling author of The 48 Laws of Power to write a bible for success in life and work living by one simple principle: fear nothing.

No comments: